Alarm simultaneously in more than one zone

• 6 September 2012
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Rather than "include (randomly) linked rooms" which can be very arbitrary depending on how rooms were linked prior to an alarm, provide a checkbox for which zones should be included in the alarm, so that a single alarm always rings simultaneously in those zones. (system of checkboxes for including zones would be similar how days of the week are currently chosen)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Badge +18
Thanks for sharing!
Userlevel 3
Think this feature has been under consideration for too long!? Vote for this: https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/implement_customers_good_ideas_more_quickly
It should be possible to set different volumes for different zones too - the volume in the bathroom may well need to be higher than you want in the bedroom.
Hello, this idea has been Under Consideration for 8 months now. Sonos, are you planning on doing it soon? Thanks
This becomes more and more a critical issue for me. As the Sonos system expands through my house (10 components and increasing), I'd like to have different alarms set for more than one room. Sure I could set them for each and every room seperately.

But as I'm using Radio for wake signal, this means that I'm streaming the same music to many different zones. E.g. the two kid's rooms ring at the same time with the same music, consuming twice as much bandwith as necessary and even worse they are not synced. As the rooms are adjacent, this is pretty bad.

The same comes true for what I want our own alarm. I'd like to play it in the sleeping room, the kitchen (and I'd like to buy a Play:1 for the bathroom). But again, they are consuming more bandwith then necessary and they are not synced again. So I delayed buying the Play:1 for the bathroom, as it's useless when unsynced.

Sure I could set up zones. But the kids are not listening the same music all the time, so I cannot ensure that the two rooms are linked in the morning. The same is true for kitchen and bathroom. I don't want to play music on these rooms simultaneously in the evening. So I'd have to ensure they are linked when I turn them off. Especially bad if I listen to some music when going to bed and don't want the kitchen and bathroom to play here. It's pretty hard to set up the connection between these rooms after I fell asleep and when the music finished.

So maybe this explains why this is a critical feature. And it shouldn't be hard to implement, because in the controller it's a switch to multiple selections. Don't know about the system itself, but it shouldn't be a big issue itself as it's only setting up the necessary zone before starting the stream.

Please consider to increase priority of this issue.
I am new to sonos and think this will prevent me from purchasing more zones unless this is fixed
This could be solved like linn do with a "listen to" where you could listen to another source as an option on the alarm You could then have as many alarms as you like and they will all sync up and you could do it room by room
Thanks for sharing!
Please see my post about adding a "listen to" option on the alarm function that would easily solve this problem
Badge
I am waiting for this feature, it has become more of a need recently after I purchased a playbar for my kitchen TV, as there is also another zone nearby the use of the TV removes the playbar from the group normally used for the radio in the morning. Creating multiple alarms is not an option as the zones then play the same source but each with a different delay.
This feature makes many sense. I just installed two additional Play1 speakers and I was sort of expecting this feature to be present. Dissapointed right now.
Badge
I think the feature to include zones in alarms needs to also have "pick up zones" T his could be used to say regroup at alarm time and put the system back to your starting point first thing in the day.
Please can we have an update on when this feature will be release? It can understand why it is low down the backlog but if customers were at the heart of your product then you would make this quick fix!! Please please please
Please can we have an update on when this feature will be release? It can understand why it is low down the backlog but if customers were at the heart of your product then you would make this quick fix!! Please please please

They've never said anything about it ever getting released, so an update on "when" it will be released is kind of silly, when they haven't come close to saying it "will" be released. Also, this thread is 3 years old and has a grand total of 12 replies. Not a very good example of Sonos ignoring an overwhelmingly popular customer request.

They've never said anything about it ever getting released, so an update on "when" it will be released is kind of silly, when they haven't come close to saying it "will" be released. Also, this thread is 3 years old and has a grand total of 12 replies. Not a very good example of Sonos ignoring an overwhelmingly popular customer request.

You got nothing better to do than trawl through community forums and post annoying replies?

You got nothing better to do than trawl through community forums and post annoying replies?

Is there anything about my reply which is misleading or untrue? Fact is, your request is not very popular and Sonos has never given any indication it will be offered, so I offered these facts so you would have more realistic expectations for its implementation. If you are annoyed by that, or you are not interested in this information, I'm sure others may be helped by it. Then again, when faced with such "annoying" information, I can understand why one would rather attack the messenger than deal with facts.
This is the only feature Sonos doesn't have that I wish it had right now.
this would be an extremely useful feature