Alarm notifications not working on Pixel5

• 10 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I had started using the Sonos Alarm feature.

It never worked properly as often the Sono beep was playing instead of a song, sometimes the controls from the notified were not working unless I was first opening the Sonos App etc... Despite this it was at least somewhat working even if this is not the experiences you'd expect from a product like Sonos that it is not famous for being cheap.

The newest issue, however, is that apparently after some updates the notifications on lock screen and on the main screen are completely gone. 

It is not possible to snooze or dismiss the alar. Anymore. The only notification present displays the Sonos controls as if I was simply playing music (play, pause, next, etc...)

Android 11, Pixel5, App 13.03 build 62187260

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi@fuksi85,

Let’s make sure that your alarm and phone settings are set up correctly to get the snooze notifications.

1. In the Sonos app, navigate to your alarm, tap on it and make sure that Snooze Alerts is toggled on.
  2. If you make any changes, be sure to hit Save at the top right before exiting the Alarm settings menu.
  3. Next, go to  Settings →  App Preferences →  Manage Android Settings → Notifications and make sure all of them are toggled on.

If all that checks out, and it still isn’t working, get in touch with our customer care team who can take a deeper look into what’s happening to your system.