Skip to main content

Hello, 

Is there any news about the much requested alarm fade in customization options?

It woudl be great indeed to have the possibility to manage the Start Volume, End Volume and Ramp Up Time of the alarm function  and i’v read multiple posts about that so i’m apparently not the only one to wait for that!

Thanks

Sonos never comments on future releases like this, unless it involves a 3rd party partnership.

Hello, 

It woudl be great indeed to have the possibility to manage the Start Volume, End Volume and Ramp Up Time of the alarm function  and i’v read multiple posts about that so i’m apparently not the only one to wait for that!

Thanks

A bit of a workaround, if you have a Sonos product with voice assistant capabilities, If you install The Alexa voice Assistant on the Sonos speaker, then you can set that as a default speaker for an Echo device.

Next set an Amazon Alexa Alarm instead “Alexa, set an alarm for 5am” - then in the Amazon Alexa App the echo alarm can be set to ‘ascend’ to a chosen volume on the default Sonos speaker… it will gradually fade in to the desired volume.

Hello, 

Thanks

A bit of a workaround, if you have a Sonos product with voice assistant capabilities, If you install The Alexa voice Assistant on the Sonos speaker, then you can set that as a default speaker for an Echo device.

Next set an Amazon Alexa Alarm instead “Alexa, set an alarm for 5am” - then in the Amazon Alexa App the echo alarm can be set to ‘ascend’ to a chosen volume on the default Sonos speaker… it will gradually fade in to the desired volume.

I’ve read some topics about using Alexa to setup an ascending alarm but : 

-First i’m not a big fan about sharing personal datas to Amazon Alexa just to set up an alarm on my Sonos . I’m actually not interested in speaking assitants at all. If it’s free, there is a reason why… ;)

-I don’t know how i could use Alexa to setup the exact Alarm i want (i use Apple Music with a specific playlist i’ve done and i need to play it in shuffle mode ...). I can setup this alarm with Sonos app which is fine to me but then i don’t know how i could update it in Alexa. And this would be complicated as i have to change it almost every day...

-Alexa still doesn’t give any options of settings about this “ascending” alarm (i’d like to choose at least the ending volume and the time it takes to ramp up!)

So thanks about this workaraound but unfortunately really not ideal for me...

And i was doing all that with a simple Bluetooth speaker previously using automation app on Android phone. 

But unfortunately i can’t find a way to make automation with Sonos to control volume (There seems to be a Control API but i don’t know how to use it..).