Answered

airplay works via iPad but not iPhone

• 26 September 2023
  • 1 reply

So i have several Sonos setups. I have a surround one SL pair, one play5 and a Beam plus One SL surround combined for tv. My iPad will let me airplay to all three setups but when i select any of the three setups on my iPhone (airplay sees them just fine) i get an Airplay passcode request.

please don’t tell me to reboot or re setup the sonos devices because this was done multiple times and is annoying to do. 
it works perfectly fine on iPad but on iPhone it asks for passwords. I have no password requirement setup in AppleTV or on Airplay.

Everything is setup on the same (and only) WiFi network available. And as said it all works fine on iPad why is airplay asking for passcode on iPad?

icon

Best answer by controlav 26 September 2023, 15:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Your phone has a MDM installed that blocks Airplay-without-pin.

MDMs usually come along with a corporate VPN. Check with your companies IT department if you can change the Airplay requirement on your phone. Good luck.