Skip to main content

I can’t log into my Tunein Radio Premium service…. 

Try removing TuneIn from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it.

I tried that already… no luck

Sonos has never supported TuneIn premium.

I gave up on TuneIn premium when they stopped carrying MLB, but they’ve got a lot of other good content, just not relevant to me anymore. 

you are right… they have never supported Tunein Premium… and that was the point of my comment and that’s what bugs me about my Sonos experience. I have many Tunein “favorites” that I cannot get on iHeart or other venues…..

Sonos has never supported any form of TuneIn account for that matter. TuneIn just provides a URL lookup service and Sonos fetches the stream directly. 

I’m just expressing my single frustration with Sonos - otherwise, it is the best affordable sounding system out there that makes excellent use of current internet technology.

I’m just expressing my single frustration with Sonos - otherwise, it is the best affordable sounding system out there that makes excellent use of current internet technology.

Then express that at Tune in,  Sonos can’t add it. Sonos provides an api which Time in could hook up their premium service to. Clearly they don’t see the need. 

Fair enough - you are perfectly entitled to express that reservation.  I was just trying to say that adding it would require much more work than might be evident, because there isn’t a true integration of TuneIn to build on.

You could add Bluetooth to your system, either by a Bluetooth receiver on a line-in or through a Sonos Roam, and use the TuneIn app.  Just an idea.

bockersjv, I’m not quite sure it’s that simple, due to the already existing ‘permanent’ TuneIn aspect in the controller. Although I could see a separate ‘just Premium’ integration, I do occasionally wonder if there would be some conflict between the two. Not being an engineer, nor knowing the code base and methods of integration may hamper that assumption.

But, as I say, now that the new CEO of TuneIn has stopped the MLB payments/integration, I’m no longer interested in TuneIn Premium. Of course, that’s fairly focused on my individual issue case, there are lots of other reasons for subscriptions. I don’t want to denigrate the OP’s desire, and in fact support it. Early on, I tried to put as much pressure on both Sonos and TuneIn to do this, without any seeming progress. I’ve given up on my part of that quest. 

It’s not permanent. You can remove tune in.

These days, yep. But it’s still a default system in the controller on initial installation. My guess is some sort of long standing marketing agreement between the two companies.