Skip to main content

Dear Sonos

STOP putting stupid ads in my app please or I am out of your eco-system.

Your products are too expensive to also have to suffer through your annoying attempts to sell more.

First time ever your company has done anything to get my blood pressure up.

T

Rather than get angry and make threats, why not go into your online profile and turn them off under ‘Contact Options’?

Rather than get angry and make threats, why not go into your online profile and turn them off under ‘Contact Options’?

Because it is really, really annoying that you should have to take the time and even do that.

Because it is really, really annoying that you should have to take the time and even do that.

You are clearly more easily annoyed than I am. Advertising is a normal part of business practice, and you can opt out in 30 seconds.  Hardly a serious issue.

I’m also annoyed with ads and will turn them off but Sonos should include a checkbox on every add tolet us turn them off quickly. I’m expecting more from a company like that and we all paid good money to buy their products so respect your clients and basic rules. Pretty sure it would not be acceptable in Europe! 

I suspect it takes longer to post a complaint on here than just set your preferences in your account.

What ads?? Never seen one in over a decade of usage. Got a screenshot?

I have gone to my online profile, clicked settings, and nothing on my Mac IPad screen provides any contact options.  This is precisely why people get annoyed with Sonos and the glib answers that some users provide to perfectly reasonable requests.  Where exactly are these easily accessed contact options?

Oddly, yesterday, when opening the controller on my iPhone, I got a holiday ad, which I closed before thinking about it. I’ve got ads turned off in my profile, I wonder if one slipped by the appropriate “tagging” system. It wasn’t an issue, I’m certainly not inundated by these. One ad in a year isn't going to kill me, and I will certainly admit to having made a mistake or two in my own life, so I’m unwilling to crucify Sonos for making one.