Skip to main content

OK, why isn’t TIDAL available as a music service to select in the SONOS2 app?  What’s going on between SONOS and Tidal, I am so confused.  I just signed up for the TIDAL $2.00 service for 90 days at the high end sound service and I can’t access SONOS through their application via iPhone, iPad, Apple MacBook Pro, nada…...help!

That suggests one of two potential things. 

First, Sonos uses your account information as a filter to determine what available services to you. Check your Sonos account to make sure you have both your country and post code / zip code listed. If you make a change, give it a couple of minutes to propagate before checking.

Second, it’s possible that Tidal hasn’t authorized Sonos to access their system in your locality. Unfortunately, it requires a legal permission to do so, you may need to nudge Tidal to get them to authorize Sonos access, if you live in a geo-restricted area. 

So SONOS decides what they think I want to listen to?  WTF…….I live in the 8th largest city in the country of the United States, San Antonio, TX.  TIDAL does not show up on any IOS type application to select that service.  I had read SOME issues on Google forums that TIDAL knows there is an issue with IOS 14 which of course I am on and I updated my computer to macOS Big Sur…….you would think since SONOS says TIDAL is the way to go to really listen to SONOS, that SONOS and Tidal would get their crap together, but thanks for the quick update.

As a fellow Texan, I’m happy you live in San Antonio, but the precept of filtering offerings by account location only makes sense for a company that is both trying to be easy to use, and world wide, where there can be issues with certain services not being offered. All you probably need to do is check your account. 

My account reflects my Texas location, and Tidal is listed as an available service in my controller. 

Thanks again, comically enough, I did check my profile, which showed I lived in San Antonio and the country of the Philippines…….what a dumb ass.  BUT, I did update the on line profile, saved it as San Antonio, TX USA, shows updated in SONOS, logged out of SONOS on my iPhone 12Pro, logged back in, and Tidal is still not there…...serenity now……..maybe it takes a day for system to talk to system or maybe its an Apple to Tidal to SONOS issues……...thanks again.

Check for updates in Settings/System/System Updates. This forces a refresh of the service availability list.