Skip to main content
OK, what am I missing, I'm sure to add a Sonos Playlist to the Favourites menu you simply accessed the menu at the end of the line and choose 'Add to Favourites'? I now can't see how to do it from anywhere in the desktop controller or Android app. There is now an 'Add to Sonos Playlist' option (as shown in the attachment) which makes no sense as it is a Playlist (?!), but otherwise I'm either going senile, mad or both. Can someone please direct me?
I think Sonos have made a right mess of this. 'Favourites' and 'Sonos Playlists' have now become 'My Sonos'. Which means, in effect, that you cannot have favourite playlists. There is no 'Favourites', and all the Sonos Playlists are already in My Sonos. Something is mad here, but it isn't you.

You can, FWIW, add favourite playlists from streaming services to 'Playlists'.

I have complained......
In fact, I haven't just complained but offered a suggestion. Put Sonos Playlists into the 'Browse' list (i.e. treat it as a source, as it used to be). Then the 'Playlists' within My Sonos would just be favourite playlists. In fact, at that point, everything in My Sonos would be Favourites, and you could rename My Sonos as, er, 'Favourites'.
Right, yes I can see that from the Android app and it makes sense, but what about the desktop controller that doesn't have 'My Sonos' and still has a 'Favourites' and it doesn't auto-populate in the same way. Is it now the case you can only delete old 'Favourites' in the desktop controller, and can't add any new ones anymore?!
Ah sorry - the desktop controller wasn't updated in version 8 when the mobile apps were. But I think it is constrained by the same new structures as controllers are all just views of the same system. I don't use a desktop controller but I'll take a quick look.
On a quick glance I think my last post was correct. In the Desktop controller, what you see in 'Sonos Playlists' is the equivalent of 'Playlists' in the mobile app (minus any streaming service playlists). 'Favourites' in the desktop app shows you the non-Playlist bits of 'My Sonos'. It's the old terminology with the new structures and behaviuors, I think.
If you have existing favourite Sonos playlists, they still appear (on desktop favourites, not mobile, obviously), but you can't add new ones. All your Sonos playlists are treated as equally "favourite" by the mobile "My Sonos" screen (to match streaming services where Sonos doesn't know, or they don't offer such an option - I haven't checked whether Spotify have such a concept). On desktop you can browse to the full list. But yes, your regular go-to mix-tape and a collection of tracks you saved to a zombie playlist years ago are now treated as equal by Sonos. Which is really stupid and annoying...
Finally upgraded to 8.6 and noticed that you can now add Sonos playlists to Favourites on desktop again (was briefly missing in 8.5). On mobile "My Sonos" screen, all you get is a big list of all your playlists, whether they're a favourite or not (at least the "showing a playlist twice" bug stays fixed).

And the list of "My Sonos" playlists still only shows the first 8 (click "See all" for full list), but at least the other categories are now similarly restricted to showing the first 8, for "consistency and annoyance".