Skip to main content

Hi,

I’ve been using a Connect model S15 for over a year now and today i bought a Connect. I tried to add them together via S1 app and i couldn’t. I also tried to do it via the S2 app and no success either.

What’s the issue here? Both apps seem to be the latest versions.I can use them both at the same time on my WiFi, both work on other’s app but i cant make them work together in one single app as a system.

thanks for your help

I suspect they are currently set up as two separate systems. You’d need to factory reset one of them, the new one, then connect your controller to your existing (older) system, and use the ‘add a device’ process. That way they’ll both be on the same system, and your settings from the older system will copy over to the newer device. 

hi Bruce,

thanks for your quick reply but either there’s something wrong with the S2 app or the actual unit because when i click on add product i get a WiFi connection window searching for it but nothing shows up, it can’t take that ling to find the bloody thing right in front of me...then after i finally find it it asks me to install S1 and get this: i connected to it via S1 all good but then, when i try to set it up it sends me to connect via S2!!Make sense of this!!

Which one is the one you had before, the S1 version, or the S2 version?

the first one is connect model S15 the second it says just connect, by the way am in Australia so models might differ

they look identical except the connect model has blue base instead of grey

I don’t think you’re understanding my question, or I’m not understanding your answer.

What I’m understanding you say is you have two devices, one shows up when you run the S1 controller, the other shows up when you run the S2 controller. Is this accurate? If it is, your original device shows up in which controller?

the one that says model S15 works both with S1 controller and S2 app, the one that says “connect” only works with S1. I tried to add both devices to an existing system in both S1 and S2 but i’m chasing my tail or the app doesn’t work properly because when it finally finds the “connect” unit i have a button that says “more info” and two black dots underneath it and, if i swipe right it goes to the WiFi searching window and then, when i swipe left left from that, the “more info” button toggles with an “add” button which is not active but appears randomly...makes any sense? I wish i could take a screen shot but it changes too quickly. If i click on “more info” i get a message to download S1 controller.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t to me, although it may be because I need to sleep. 

I’m wondering if one of the two devices is S1and S2 capable, but the other one is older, and only S1 capable, so it wouldn’t show up if you tried to add it in the S2 controller. Given that it’s not part of the system yet, sending in a diagnostic wouldn’t help. I’d recommend instead that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available for them to assist you.

yeah, thanks for the help i actually managed to set them up, apparently the “connect” is older than S15 and i set up the “connect” first then looked for the other one after, all works on S1 controller, i might not even use the S2 until S1 becomes redundant.

cheers