Skip to main content

I've used the method of coping and pasting the URL into the area where you can add a radio station and yes, it adds the station. Unfortunately when it comes to playing that station an error message appears.

Unable to play Radio RUAR  - ‘this song is not encoded correctly’

any ideas please?

Hi @Steve Jordan.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

A possible cause is the format of the Streaming URL, Just make sure the stream is of one of the compatible formats; MP3, AAC or WMA.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Your URL is no doubt incorrect, it needs to be the actual stream, not a web page or some Javascript. What are you trying, and what do you think it should be connected to?

(The Add code does no checks on the stream, only when you Play it does it check it).

Yes. Tell us the full nam of the radio station and one of the boffins here may be able to find the correct URL for you if indeed it’s available

If it’s this https://www.riseupandrave.com the somebody may be able to inspect the page code and extract the URL as I know that should be technically possible but I don't have the skills for that

If it’s this https://www.riseupandrave.com the somebody may be able to inspect the page code and extract the URL as I know that should be technically possible but I don't have the skills for that

Seems to need a login to get a live stream, so isn’t going to work on Sonos anyway. The web site is full of ads which makes determining the stream even harder.

Seems to need a login to get a live stream, so isn’t going to work on Sonos anyway. The web site is full of ads which makes determining the stream even harder.

Hmmm. Played for me without a login! Never mind. Worth a try.

Your URL is no doubt incorrect, it needs to be the actual stream, not a web page or some Javascript. What are you trying, and what do you think it should be connected to?

(The Add code does no checks on the stream, only when you Play it does it check it).

Thanks for your reply!! I’ve asked the station for their streaming URL, as I had inserted their website URL. I was typing https://www.riseupandrave.com

Wow lots of messages here, thanks for showing interest!! Stuart you said it played for you, was that on the Sonos?

Steve.

i got it to play on the webpage not through Sonos. Hopefully they can give you a URL to use

Ok Stuart, no worries and yes hope so!!!

I have the above picture, and i am cannot find the “Radio by Tune In” button. The manage menu works, i am able to fill the URL filed, and can give a radio station a name, but it disappears. I am living in Hungary, but i think it cannot be a problem… This is the latest PC app available, installed yesterday to my PC.
I also have a phone, and there is no Tune In button.
Can you provide me a solution, where are they, or how can i manage to listen to a radio url?

Add Music Services / TuneIn to get it to show up.

Thanks Bro! I would never looked it  there. You made my evening!

Thanks Bro! I would never looked it  there. You made my evening!

You are welcome! Next time you want to add a stream, you can use my iOS app (see profile) which makes it easy to test streams then add them only once they are verified as working. A lot quicker and simpler than using the Sonos app to do it.

You are welcome! Next time you want to add a stream, you can use my iOS app (see profile) which makes it easy to test streams then add them only once they are verified as working. A lot quicker and simpler than using the Sonos app to do it.

Thank you for the info and the app, but i am using an android device, i do not have apple devices at all. Hopefully some forum mate may find useful!