Skip to main content
Hi

I am new to Sonos and have just started creating my setup. I currently have three Play1 and a bridge. I am very happy with the way everything works and look forward to expanding as funds allow.

I do feel there is a gap in functionality though. I would like to be able to create and save groups. I might like groups like:

All - every unit plays the selected audio

Upstairs - all speakers located upstairs plays the selected audio

Downstairs - all speakers located downstairs plays the selected audio

Working - units in my office and the kitchen (when I need a coffee) play the selected audio

There may be any combination of units in any group and I should be able to name the groups descriptively.

Anybody else think it would be useful?

Steve
A common request Steve. Sonos has not commented on if this functionality is being considered.
I'd love to see this too. As much as I love the other aspects of the Sonos experience, this is one key feature that seems to be missing.
Yes, this would be great for the many groups I set up during the day with my 15 sets of speakers.
totally agree! I would love the option to have Groups pre-set to accommodate various combinations, i.e. Group 1- all speakers throughout entire house. Group 2 - living room only, Group 3 - entire house no bedrooms... and so on.
Currently you have to use 3rd party apps like Macronos for Android or SonoSequencr for iOS.
Hi

I am new to Sonos and have just started creating my setup. I currently have three Play1 and a bridge. I am very happy with the way everything works and look forward to expanding as funds allow.

I do feel there is a gap in functionality though. I would like to be able to create and save groups. I might like groups like:

All - every unit plays the selected audio

Upstairs - all speakers located upstairs plays the selected audio

Downstairs - all speakers located downstairs plays the selected audio

Working - units in my office and the kitchen (when I need a coffee) play the selected audio

There may be any combination of units in any group and I should be able to name the groups descriptively.

Anybody else think it would be useful?

Steve

I totally agree Steve. I need this feature and I need it working with Alexa like the rest of my house.