Skip to main content
I’m told my controller needs updating and then I’m taken to the App Store but there’s no “update” or “download” link - just “open” which takes me back to my 8.4 controller which won’t run until it’s updated to 8.5. Help!!!!
Uninstall the app then reinstall it. This often happens on iOS.
Uninstall the app then reinstall it. This often happens on iOS.

What John said. The app store doesn't autoupdate sometimes, so you can just do this, or you can try reloading the Sonos app store page by clicking the update tab and then pull down on the screen.
None of the solutions work here. I can’t set up any new speaker on my system because the Sonos app on multiple devices gets struck in an update loop. This is terrible software delivery -

Sonos - seriously, sort your sh*t out. Too many people have experienced this. It’s not the first time you’ve had continually widespread glitches with your software. Please post a robust solution to this. I’m potentially up for going with another vendor. 😠
Same thing, using an iPhone. My existing system has disappeared. I get a message to ‘add a player’. When I click on that, it says I need to update my app. But when I go to the App Store, there’s no update to download.
First thing, delete the app from your phone. There's nothing stored in it that you need to worry about. All the data is stored on your speakers.

Then reboot your phone doing a full power cycle.

Go back to the store, and download a fresh copy of the application.

When prompted, select "connect to existing system".

That's the application part of this. As for the speakers being missing from the app, that's a different issue. I'd recommend for at least the short term, connect one of the speakers to your router with an ethernet cable until you can get connected. If, when you remove the cable , the speakers disappear from the app, please post back here and let us know, it's entirely possible that you have a separate (but not dire, most likely) issue.
None of the solutions work here. I can’t set up any new speaker on my system because the Sonos app on multiple devices gets struck in an update loop. This is terrible software delivery -

Sonos - seriously, sort your sh*t out. Too many people have experienced this. It’s not the first time you’ve had continually widespread glitches with your software. Please post a robust solution to this. I’m potentially up for going with another vendor. :@

Pulling down the App Store screen to refresh has ALWAYS worked for me, without exception. Have never needed to delete existing app. Not a Sonos issue, but an Apple “feature”. 🙂