7.3 Mac OS installer please

Welcome, Sonos 7.4! From everybody but, well, me, I guess. With 7.4 running on my Mac OS 10.9, my glorious SONOS system is now officially gimped up. The entire "Manage" menu is grayed out. Forever, I'm told, by Sonos tech support, until I upgrade to Mac OS 10.10. Which I choose not to.

FAVOR: Can somebody who hordes installers be so kind as to send me a 7.3 installer? I would love you for ever and ever. mick (at) mick jeffries dotcom

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

i'm at mick (at) mick jef fries dotcom
Once they've updated, they don't supply older versions.

Do you have another device that has a supported OS, perchance? An iPhone, iPad, Android device, or PC? You can have many different controllers associated with the same Sonos system. Your Mac would still be able to do the majority of the actions necessary to play and stop music.
Thanks for the comments, Bruce. Yes, I do, and yes, I can. I just am annoyed by it, on principle. How hard would it be to make an archive of previous versions available on a Legacy page? As it stands, I'll probably try to use Time Machine to dig out version 7.3. What would be very helpful, if that's my only recourse, is a listing of all files and where they're installed, so I can go in and pick them out. Ugh. Or I could upgrade to 10.10. I just don't like the direction the Apple went, in terms of the chattiness of the newer OS's. So I don't want to. And have no need of doing so. So I ask again: Does anybody who's an "installer hoarder" have a copy of the 7.3 Sonos Controller installer? 🙂
There are several websites hosting older versions of legacy software installers, both for Windows, OSX as well as Android - including Sonos. A simple Google search should be sufficient.
I searched as best I knew how before posting here, passopp. Zero success. I'd be delighted if you found something I missed, or had any guidance!
Filehorse is always worth a try. Ironically, the only recent installer version missing is the one you are looking for. :8 You might want to contact them, maybe they just haven't uploaded the missing installer yet.

http://mac.filehorse.com/download-sonos/8490/old-versions/

Another good source is oldversion.com but it only seems to archive Windows installer versions of the Sonos Desktop controller.

I'll have to agree with Bruce though. Once any of your Sonos components have been updated to 7.4, it is highly unlikely to get an older controller version up and running with full functionality.
thanks for the insight, I appreciate it! My googles didn't turn up those resources you listed, or at least I didn't see them. Thank you!
Because Sonos Controller includes an "uninstall" feature, I'm happy to try the 7.2 installer (which came out back in the Stone age of March, this year, lol) Thanks, @passopp !
Unfortunately, app versions which are older than the firmware on the Sonos devices themselves are going to suffer from the same missing functions as current apps on partially supported operating systems. Thus, if your system is at ver. 7.4, loading an older app is useless, so I wouldn't bother scouring the internet for one.
deflating but useful info, jgatie! thank you
I guess I'll just grumble and handle library updates from my iPhone… thanks y'all, I guess I officially give up.