Skip to main content

When streaming Qobuz FLAC with Roon to Sonos One and grouping in S1 that Sonos One with a stereo pair of Play 5 Gen 1 what quality do you get from Play 5 Gen 1? Roon Signalpath shows 48/24 for signal to Sonos One. But what quality do the grouped Play 5 Gen 1 play? For local files Play 5 Gen 1 are capable of 48/24 FLAC. But in this streaming scenario? Thank you

S1 is incapable of streaming 24 bit, so Roon must be downgrading the stream.

See this link: Supported audio formats for Sonos music library

Thought so too. But Roon shows 48/24 to Sonos One. If I stream directly to Play 5 Gen 1 Roon downgrades to 16 in signal path. Therefore I am asking please. Especially as Play 5 Gen 1 can play 48/24 from local FLAC.

Thought so too. But Roon shows 48/24 to Sonos One. If I stream directly to Play 5 Gen 1 Roon downgrades to 16 in signal path. Therefore I am asking please. Especially as Play 5 Gen 1 can play 48/24 from local FLAC.

Play:5 Gen 1 is S1 only, there is no way it can play 24/48 from local FLAC.  No devices running S1 can stream 24/48 content.  Roon is misrepresenting the status.

If your ears can’t tell the difference, what does it matter anyway?

hihi, to hear the difference myself needs intensive listening. not just a five minutes compare. and yes, one can hear the difference in general. anyway, question got already answered.