Answered

4 different speakers one room

• 4 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have a Ray, 2 Ones, and an Era 100. What is the best way to set them up? The Ray is in front of the tv, the Ones on the right side, the Era on the left by where I sit. If I try towatch a movie, the sound is boomy and echoic, can’t hear clear dialog. Please help. I am also new to Sonos, love the speakers, think the set up requirements and the user guide aren;t worth s--t, If ever a company needs to incorporate Chat GBT, Sonos does.

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 4 April 2023, 05:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi, welcome to the community and the world of Sonos!

Option 1

• The best way to enjoy your speakers is to use the Sonos One’s as surrounds (bonded to the Ray) in the rear on either side of your seated position 6 -8 feet apart. Move the Era 100 to another room as a music only speaker. 

Option 2

• An alternative setup would be to use the Ray as the only speaker for TV/Movies. The Sonos One’s can be left up front on either side of the TV (6-8 feet apart) setup as a stereo pair for music only. Move the Era 100 to another room for music only.

If you have questions on how to achieve any of what is suggested please reach out (post here again) for assistance.

Note: The Sonos One’s should be 32-37 inches above floor level on stands or suitable table/end tables.

TruePlay (Advanced Tuning) and Quick Tuning

If you own or can borrow and iOS device you can use Trueplay (Advanced Tuning) to tune the speakers to your room in the following manner:

1. Ray and Sonos One's (used as surrounds)
  2. Ray (as a stand-alone speaker)
  3. Sonos One’s (used as stereo pair)
  4. Era 100 (as a stand-alone speaker) *

You cannot use Trueplay to tune two groups of speakers in the same room simultaneously. For example setup 2 and 3 (in the same room) would require individual tuning sessions. The Era 100 is assumed to be in another room regarding setups 1, 2, and 3.

* The Era 100 has Quick Tuning that will automatically adjust the speaker to the proper room dynamics. Although, TruePlay tuning (in theory) should provide more accurate results.

Click the link for more info: Quick Tuning and Advanced Tuning