3x Play:1 and S2 app (Android + PC) incompatibility

• 14 July 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m having problems right now with the S2 Android and PC apps telling me that something on my system is incompatible. I have three Play:1s, none of which are reported on the System page in my account as incompatible.

Solutions for fixing this incompatibility message such as

haven’t helped. When I follow the steps from that, I get to the point of checking for updates, where I get an error 1101: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4908

From that page, when I restart the S2 PC app, it says it’s found Sonos on the network (without noting any incompatibility) but tells me there’s an update, which just goes back around to that same error code.

All the troubleshooting points past that are not relevant (not using Android app, no device on Ethernet, no settings on router changed and devices are working properly).

I’ve had the same message about incompatible devices when installing the S2 app on my Android phone. I am therefore still using S1 on it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Perhaps try temporarily wiring the problematic Play:1’s  to your main router and see if you can update them that way and then try them back on your WiFi after any updates have installed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Windows Media Server running on your PC can cause 1101 update errors, see

Easiest method to prove this is to power down your PC and use the Android app to get the update.