Skip to main content

Hello everyone, I am having an issue that I believe is related to an iphone. My wife's iphone 8 was working fine with our Sonos network until it decided to not work. The app and said there were no Sonos items on the network. At that point I uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, restarted the router, power cycled speakers, etc.

So now we cant even login in the app on one of our devices because it cant see any Sonos devices on the network.

My iphone 8 plus is still able to connect, and my daughters iphone 7 both connect fine, we can see all the speaks, connect and link them together in a group.

All iphones are running ios 14.3, and the Sonos apps have all been updated to current. The ios sonos app we are using is Sonos 12.2.2

the router is a Google Nest mesh network. The Google Home app is version 2.32.11 no idea about hardware version or whatnot.

Anyone have a problem aimilar to this?

Does your wife’s iPhone have a VPN installed (eg for work access). That would explain her problem.

No vpn or anything special with any of our phones. Thanks for the suggestion.

An additional new ipad 10.2 was added to our household this past week. That device connects 100 percent without issue.

Still at a loss as to why we have to continually uninstall S2, start S1 which cues us to and reinstall S2 just to get the speakers to run for a few hours.

An additional new ipad 10.2 was added to our household this past week. That device connects 100 percent without issue.

Still at a loss as to why we have to continually uninstall S2, start S1 which cues us to and reinstall S2 just to get the speakers to run for a few hours.

I suspect it’s the Google mesh WiFi - have you perhaps tried running the Sonos devices on SonosNet instead, with one speaker wired to the primary nest hub only.

I would also personally recommend you consider running them on SonosNet, if not doing that already … the difference in the type of connections and how the setup works are explained in this Sonos Support document:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3235

If opting for SonosNet (wired) mode, I would also suggest doing the following:

• If possible, set the SonosNet channel in the Sonos App “Settings/System/Network” so it is at least 5 channels away from your current primary hubs 2.4Ghz WiFi channel.
  • Remove the WiFi credentials from the "Network/Wireless Setup” in the App as those are not needed when running on SonosNet and it will stop your devices hopping between SonosNet and your WiFi signal.
  • Ensure all Sonos products, particularly the wired one is at least 3 to 4 feet away from other Wireless devices including the router and other access points.
  • Consider adding the Sonos IP addresses to the local routers DHCP reservation table, as that too will improve stability, particularly during updates and reboots of the local network. This is just optional, but perhaps worthwhile.

Hopefully those few suggestion will assist to resolve the reoccurring issues… I also recommend checking out these two ‘hopefully’ helpful links too:

1. WiFi Interference
  2. Wireless Interference Video: Wireless Interference and Sonos

Hello All,

I hope this helps some of the people here. 

I was facing the same issue as @Foy1foy . The Sonos app in my iPhone 7 Plus simply stopped connecting to the system, and to my Sonos One’s. After hours of troubleshooting (including disconnecting all my hue lights and hub thinking there might exist some channel interference at 2.4Ghz level), I tried to install the app in a new iPad my company got for me for work. And it connected! So I was in a similar situation: two apple devices, one connected fine, other didn’t.

After reading this post, and trying the suggestions of @Ken_Griffiths of disabling Wi-fi assist and Private Address, It worked Immediatly!! Meanwhile, I tested which is the setting that breaks the connection, and it is Private Address in the WiFi network option of the iphone. I now have WiFi Assist ON in the iPhone and I can still connect. As soon as I activate Private Address, the Sonos app in the iPhone goes gray and doesn’t see my system.

Note: In the iPad, the Private Address option is on, but somehow it works for the iPad. 

I hope it helps many headaches to many users out there!