Answered

24 bit 48kHz

• 1 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Hello, how to know if i listen a music in 24 bit or not? No display available on Sonos app? Any ways to force it?

I force the 24 bit/48 khz on PC with spotify app and sound quality is just incredible!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 February 2023, 02:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The easiest way is to perhaps subscribe to Amazon Music HD and play their UltraHD available tracks to Sonos (24/48 supported) and you will see the vairious badges display on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos App. (See screenshot). See below for the S2 speakers that are compatible.

Most of Sonos’s S2 range of speakers will support high-res Amazon Music streaming, including the Sonos Arc, One/SL, the Roam, the Move, Beam, Port and the Sonos Five/Play:5 (gen2) and (I think) the Sonos Connect manufactured after Summer 2017. 

A number of S2-class speakers that won’t be able to stream Ultra HD tunes from Amazon Music are the Play:1, the Play:3, the Playbase, the Playbar and older Connect products.

The Arc and Beam (gen2) will also support Amazon Atmos audio.

I think Spotify streaming quality is only AAC 256kbit/s or 320kbits/s with their premium service.

Another option is to rip your own tracks at 24/48 format (.flac) and play those ‘known’ tracks to Sonos over the local network subnet using either an SMBv2/3 or http shared library via the Sonos App library service.