14.19.1 is out

• 24 November 2022
  • 27 replies

Sonos released another minor patch 14.19.1. No details are provided yet.  Has anyone updated? Any feedback?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Badge

Seems my Beam gen 2 is quieter especially on vocals, but more bass. Has centre channel changed?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Sonos always gives a generic answer to their updates. They never really say what “bug fixes” or  “performance enhancements “ they are doing.  Pretty crappy for a company like Sonos. I’ve see a couple of posts on negative results from this latest update on fb.
Always wonder who at Sonos wants to constantly change the sound of our system, and always thinking it’s for the better when at times it’s not. It must give some Sonos employee(s) job security but really wonder if they have their thoughts where the sun doesn’t shine. 14.12 is an example. Complete screwup.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Solid sound for me, I’m pretty happy with this update.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Solid sound for me, I’m pretty happy with this update.

And what “exactly “ changed? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Sounds good for me, thats what I meant

edit: also redid trueplay. Its too early to tell anything more.

I did the 14.19.1 update.. I had to setup my system back to my tv via my eARC.  After the update I was not able to control my Sonos Arc with my tv remote.  I have a Sony x91j 85”,  I also still cant run Trueplay since it does not support an iPhone 14pro yet.  Otherwise things seem to be ok.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Sony 75x93j here, no problems at all.

Badge +1

Seems my Beam gen 2 is quieter especially on vocals, but more bass. Has centre channel changed?

In my case too, I have a Beam gen1 and since I updated to 14.19 the sound changed drastically, my beam sounds quite low now I have to increase the volume to 80-90 while before 40-50 was enough. The voices are heard quite low

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

In my case too, I have a Beam gen1 and since I updated to 14.19 the sound changed drastically, my beam sounds quite low now I have to increase the volume to 80-90 while before 40-50 was enough. The voices are heard quite low

Going to wait for the next update not going to chance it 👍

Badge +1

When I saw a new update (14.19.1) I updated with the hope that the sound would improve with the previous 14.19 and it was the opposite, the sound did not improve at all, Sonos should implement a way in which users could return to a older firmware version in my case 14.18 which for me was the best sound profile.

Userlevel 1

sick to the back teeth with Sonos messing around with updates one week it sounds ok the next week it sounds terrible thinking of selling it all and give somethink els a try 

Badge +1

sick to the back teeth with Sonos messing around with updates one week it sounds ok the next week it sounds terrible thinking of selling it all and give somethink els a try 

Believe me my friend, I am also unhappy with all these updates and these sound changes in such a short time, I was even thinking of buying the sub mini but from what I see I don't think it's worth it, Sonos with each update worsens the sound.

Badge +1

Believe me my friend, I am also unhappy with all these updates and these sound changes in such a short time, I was even thinking of buying the sub mini but from what I see I don't think it's worth it, Sonos with each update worsens the sound.

I am thinking that they do it on purpose, forcing the user to update the products (planned obsolescence) in my case a beam (gen1) + 2 one's sl 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

You should try it. Mids are better, bass is solid, hights are balanced. For me it’s much better than the previous firmware. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Just did the update as it’s forcing me to. Sounds the same and still think the Arc volume is to low from 14.10 we all enjoyed.

Badge

Thinking of changing from my Beam gen 2 to Bose 600 to improve dialogue output. Any thoughts/advice?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

You should try it. Mids are better, bass is solid, hights are balanced. For me it’s much better than the previous firmware. 

OK updated volume slightly lower as in 30 now not 25 not noticeable difference at least it's not worse 😊

I miss 14.10 😳

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

As of November 27, 2022, I just checked and no 14.19.1 update appearing for me yet. My last firmware update remains at 14.19

Correction: My Sonos App is v. 14.19. ARC, Sub and One SLs are all at v. 14.19.1 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Yesterday i was happy with this update, but after the trueplay was redone today i’m facing the 14.12 problems. Dual subs peak at 75 hz and everything below is dropped. REW confirmed it. I tried 3 different iOS devices and the results are the same. Let’s see what Peter will state

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Yesterday i was happy with this update, but after the trueplay was redone today i’m facing the 14.12 problems. Dual subs peak at 75 hz and everything below is dropped. REW confirmed it. I tried 3 different iOS devices and the results are the same. Let’s see what Peter will state

And you told me to try it…...😜

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Sorry, didn’t meant to make you bad. Maybe the problem is just for me, but my subs are definitely not bottoming as before.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Sorry, didn’t meant to make you bad. Maybe the problem is just for me, but my subs are definitely not bottoming as before.

No big deal it's no worse than before mate just wish we had 14.10 back 

I will replace my system in the summer if it's not better so will update till then anyway 👍

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

That’s a smart decision. I’m also tired of this Sonos drama….

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Peter Pee described the early release of v14.19 as “unremarkable--but that’s a good thing” Later in the video he says “no perceptible differences at all” between 14.18 and 14.19. Curious to see if he takes the time to measure/technically compare 14.19.1 to 14.19. This latest .1 seems to be less than an incremental update as typically denoted by “.1” but who knows! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Update: 

I used the good old iPhone SE2 and the sub frequencies are alive again. 

Conclusion:

The newer the iPhone is, the worst the trueplay is. Also with every phone you get different response wave, which is unacceptable.