Skip to main content

Hi , after waiting for what seemed ages for Sonos to fix the sub issue I was really happy after installing 14.18 as my Sub came back to life and the system sounded great again until today that is after running Trueplay and now it's back to where it was before and very frustrating as nothing I try fixes it , I ran Trueplay on an old ipad and it got me to update first which then said 14.18.1 but on my phone app its 14.18 .....has anyone got any ideas before I spend an hour on the phone to Sonos getting know where......

I don’t think it’s truly possible to give you much constructive advice here, as each environment is different and we don’t know what it is you’re hearing, but it seems you were able to update and Trueplay tune your devices, presumably post reboot …and you may have already seen, for the majority, it appears the previous audio issues mentioned in various discussion threads here have been fixed.

See these links too:

However that does not necessarily mean the default sound will suit every situation, or everyone.  That’s why the options/controls/tools are available in the Sonos App to make customised adjustment to the audio, either with Trueplay ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’.

So the only advice I can offer, is to first try your own customisation of the EQ, Sub levels etc; and if you cannot achieve a sound output that you’re happy with (with/without TP) then go onto perhaps submit a Sonos diagnostic report from the ‘Settings/Support’ area of the Sonos App. Make a note of the reference generated, and when practicable, contact/chat to Sonos Support Staff about the matter via this LINK and see what they can suggest to resolve the matter.

Hope you get the issue resolved.👍

Ok first of all its not my hearing as that's fine , I've owned my system from New and know it very well , it was perfect until I think the 14.12 which made the sub none existent even after endless calls to Sonos but like I said in my post if read it was back to being perfect after my last update 14.18 with the sub being a power house again until I trueplayed yesterday when it's disappeared again even after trying to delete it and reintroduce it to my system,  it does not matter if I adjust my EQ settings as my sub level dies not increase or decrease its just not there, again its nothing to do with ears,environment, EQ it'd just stopped again and I'm running out of patience and just wish I never run Trueplay but after your reply it looks like I'm going to have to get on the phone again.

A power cycle on my Sonos kit sorted out issues I had after updating to 14.8. Worth a try?

Is that just a case of unplugging everything.... ? Thanks

Anyone can kindly advise if I shall update the system first or power recycle first? And when shall I do the retuning? Thanks 😊 

1.) Update > retuning > power cycle 

2.) Power cycle > Update > retuning 

3.) Update > power cycle > retuning 

Which one is correct?

There’s no guaranty that you’ll have to power cycle the speakers, that seems to have been a small subset of folks who needed to do so. 

If you feel you must blindly follow a particular process, I’d suggest three as being the most logical.