Skip to main content

Has anyone installed this yet?

App update only, resolving this issue.

I have installed the Sonos app update (14.18.1) and updated Sonos Arc, Sub G3 and two Sonos Ones to 14.18. Afterwards I run Trueplay again and the sound is really good again as I used to know it when I bought the system. The real sub bass is back again for me finally.

I have installed the Sonos app update (14.18.1) and updated Sonos Arc, Sub G3 and two Sonos Ones to 14.18. Afterwards I run Trueplay again and the sound is really good again as I used to know it when I bought the system. The real sub bass is back again for me finally.

Same. My sub has suddenly come back to life! Thanks for the fix Sonos. Let us know what went wrong?

Updated yesterday (Arc+Sub+2x One SL surround) and was watched a movie on Netflix. Not sure if it was the show but my surrounds and Sub came back to life! Am still not happy with clarity and volume level when people start talking, conversations are really hard to listen. A certain Samsung performs so much better on this. (Note : this is with Trueplay off so not sure if Trueplay would be able to enhance conversations)   

Updated yesterday (Arc+Sub+2x One SL surround) and was watched a movie on Netflix. Not sure if it was the show but my surrounds and Sub came back to life! Am still not happy with clarity and volume level when people start talking, conversations are really hard to listen. A certain Samsung performs so much better on this. (Note : this is with Trueplay off so not sure if Trueplay would be able to enhance conversations)   

Why not try a Trueplay tube again?  I’d also recommend a power cycle on all the speakers. 

Why not try a Trueplay tube again?  I’d also recommend a power cycle on all the speakers. 

You know what … (Im not sure this is related) So I performed an OS updated to 16.0.3 for my iPhone and came home to find that my Sub is now unassigned. I could not longer see my Arc and SLs on the Sonos app. Gosh Sonos, this is painful. It’s like having a baby that never grows up (and I dont think there’s any issue with my home broadband). 

Reset your iPhone network settings, restart your router…

I have two Play Fives,Sub & Roam...Gen 2

I’d been extremely happy with the stereo sound(no TV...a separate sound bar there,since I’m basically a music guy)….

Anyway,I lost my Wi-Fi connection and after an exhausting attempt to get it all back(Not all Sonos Reps are equally competent and that’s annoying)…..I found a Sonos rep who was fantastic and very helpful.

Name...Kraus

The guy took over all of my settings and all I can say is,after an exhausting 3 straight hours with him,the overall system is way better than before….and I was satisfied before.

There are three key areas of improvement…

1- Bass is deeper and has more impact

2-Stereo separation is considerably improved

3-Overall clarity is improved

None of these improvements are subtle,to my ears!

Whatever Sonos has done is an ear opener!

After being exhausted and rather annoyed about two previous Sonos Reps not being able to help me,I’m now thrilled!

14.18 seems to be a superb update….and,unlike my days in high end audio (where anything cost me serious money)….THIS WAS FREE!

I have two Play Fives,Sub & Roam...Gen 2

14.18 seems to be a superb update….and,unlike my days in high end audio (where anything cost me serious money)….THIS WAS FREE!

But we need Sonos to confirm, that they have changed the sound signature on all their S2 products and not just the sound on their soundbars !