Answered

zp120 wont register

• 18 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have 4x zp120 amps.

My booster is hard wired in to the router. 2x zp120 amps are in the same storage cupboard as the booster - no issues with connectivity.

2x zp120 amps are in a cupboard further away. They are both stacked on top of one another. 1 of the amps has connected to my network. The other won’t connect. I have tried doing a factory reset (4 times). I have also tried resetting my router & booster.

These ideas aren’t working.

If connect these 2 amps together via Ethernet cables, would that help me? Thinking that the one struggling to access the network could then piggy back on to the one that is successfully on the network??!

Thoughts, help, comments are all welcome!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 19 December 2023, 05:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Factory resets rarely solve anything and often make fixing problems harder.

You have a Sonos Boost, not the older Bridge?

If you have the Bridge it is best to wire another Sonos to your router/switch with Ethernet and remove it.

Is the Boost located at least 3 feet from the router or other WiFi device?

How are the cupboard ZPs connected, WiFi or Ethernet?

If WiFi you might be seeing the “too close” issue there too. You might connect them to each other with an Ethernet cable and then disable the radio (incorrectly labeled disconnect WiFi in the app) which should solve the too-close issue.