ZP100 Autoplay staying on.

• 17 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi 

Just changed our TV and unfortunately it does not have a headphone Jack like the previous TV had.  To allow the TV to work with the ZP100 I have had to use a HDMI to RCA converter.  This works Ok apart from when the TV is off I am getting noise out of the ZP100 speakers and looking at the ZP100 via the iOS app it is showing as still receiving a signal.  The HDMI to RCA converter is powered from the TV via a usb outlet and powers off when the tv goes into standby mode, unfortunately the only way I can get the ZP100 to ignore the “noise” on the autoplay input is to disconnect the RCA output from the converter.  I’ve tried adjusting the autoplay input level but this does not solve the issue. Any body got any ideas how to solve this issue please as ZP100 worked fine with the previous TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Time to get an actual soundbar methinks. Using a ZP100 for a TV is, um, an interesting choice.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Time to get an actual soundbar methinks. Using a ZP100 for a TV is, um, an interesting choice.

Thanks for the comment, TV is wall mounted in the bedroom with quality ceiling speakers above the bed, has worked and sounded good until this issue with the new TV.

@Moley59,

If the TV has the CEC protocol and auto-power sync features enabled in its settings, then see if switching those off might perhaps solve the issue.

If the HDMI-RCA converter is generating noise when powered off, suspect a grounding issue. The ZP100 is most probably grounded via its 3-pin IEC connector, so possibly there’s a leakage current coming from the TV. Try inserting a ground loop isolator into the RCA connection to the ZP100. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You might be able to work with the Sonos upgrade program to get a nice discount on a new Sonos Amp that is designed for TV use and has an HDMI input.

What model TV? Extracting audio from the TV via an optical connection should avoid the hum.

As a quick experiment you could power your converter with an external power supply, rather than the TV.