Question

Wiring play 1 make it dissapear from network matrix and app

• 25 November 2020
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have an Asus 4G-AC53U router but after factory reset I cannot create a SONOS net by wiring my Play 1, whiched has worked earlier. I cannot either add a new SONOS boost. Both units start up and is showing on router interface client list with IP adress. The speaker even continue to play music. The Play 1 works fine close to router over WiFi but the Boost cannot be added at all.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @matz.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining your concern, let me help and try to figure this out.

It sounds like it is an association failure and this is a known issue with Asus routers with Airtime Fairness.

To determine if that is the cause, check the router settings and if there’s an Airtime Fairness feature, that needs to be disabled.

NOTE: You may reach out to the router manufacturer for assistance if you’re not able to access the settings.

• Under Advanced Settings, click Wireless.
  • Click the Professional tab.
  • Disable Airtime Fairness and click Apply.
  • Change the Frequency to 5GHz.
  • Disable Airtime Fairness and click Apply.

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.