Answered

Wireless line in/ HDMI for Sonos Amp

• 12 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi there, 

I have a Sonos Amp and Outdoor speaker setup. The Amp is in a lift space, and not that accessible. 

Everything works great through the Sonos app.

I would like the option to play music through line in, without hardwiring to the Amp. 

I've seen a wireless transmitter (the type used for Subs/ surrounds) and wondered whether this would work?

One receiver plugged into the Amp and the transmitter plugged into an iPad, for example?

Any support or other ideas would be appreciated.

The real desire is to play videos from YouTube through the Sonos speakers with no lag.

Thanks,

David.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 13 June 2023, 10:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Dav3duk,

If you can find a separate transmitter for the iPad and receiver for the Sonos Amp, and the Amp is receiving the signal as line-in, I don’t see why a wireless line-level device wouldn’t work although, I can’t guarantee this would work as intended. 

We expect line-in to go between the Amp and device is it connected to without any extra devices in between, so a wireless line-level transmitter/receiver may introduce issues into the system during playback.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of information online about these types of devices working with Sonos. It may be likely that other users in our community have used these types of devices and can reply to this thread with more information for you or perhaps an alternative solution.

I hope this helps!

Badge +1

Thanks for this!

I actually purchased a Bluetooth device to achieve the same results, it's coming today, and I'll feedback!

Badge +1

Hi there,

I purchased an Auris BluMe HD Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Music Receiver, and it works perfectly! 

This device is always on and accepts Bluetooth pairing with no requirement to be physically near the device. When I play media when connected to Bluetooth on the Auris, which is wired to the Amp, the Amp switches automatically. 

Absolutely seamless. It's given the versatility to allow friends to play music, to watch video clips with music (70ms lag works fine), and also have some fun with Karaoke (separate PA for vocals). 

Hope this helps others.

​​​​