Answered

Wifi connectivity/access points

• 28 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have several wired access points and one WiFi SSID throughout the house. The only difference between the access points is the WiFi channel which is different to avoid overlaps. The network is a gigabit and I have no problems with any other device connected to it.

I have two Sonos-One in the living room connecting to the WiFi on access point 1 and an Amp in the Bar area connecting to the WiFi on access point 2.

When I open the Sonos App from anywhere in the house, it connects without problems. After connecting, if I move with my iPhone to a different area of the house, its WiFi connects to a different access point (1 or 2 or 3 all wired), in those situations I battle for a while to connect to the Sonos devices. Basically I cannot see any of them for few minutes, then out of the blue the phone finally connects to the Sonos even from that area of the house.

Router:GT-AX11000

Access points: Tp-Link Re450 Access point mode

Is there any solution for this problem?

Thank you for supporting.

icon

Best answer by ratty 28 November 2020, 12:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Have you tried turning off WiFi Assist in the phone? 

@ratty Thank you. It seems to work :relaxed: . I will try it for few days. 

Thanks