Answered

whole home background music question

• 31 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos amp I want to connect to 6 Sonos sonance architectural speakers. Can I simply use one speaker per room for whole home background music? I understand 2 per room is typical however we have other Sonos products for intense listening experiences. This is simply for background music. Many model homes simply use one per room… I also understand the single zone situation. Since the sonos sonance have 2 woofers then a single sonance can provide stereo sound to the room. Has anyone done this and are you happy with it?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 31 October 2023, 04:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Set your Amp to Mono and use your six speakers, three on each channel.

I’d use individual volume controls in each room to fine-tune the volume levels beyond the master level sent from the Amp.

I’m pretty sure the Sonos approved/resold Sonance are all mono but you can check the Sonos product page to confirm that. With six you have to use the Sonos ones, the “Sonance only” ones only allow 4 according to the documentation.