Skip to main content

Been a Sonos user for many years with double digit zones throughout the house. Recently upgraded to S2 a few months back. I have a sonos connect amp (s2 compatible) that a I purchased recently. When attempting to add the connect amp, the app immediately recognizes it and connects to it for the set up process. However, when I get to the final stage of pressing the play/pause button when it is blinking, it always fails to recognize the button press. I eventually get the message that “we didn’t detect a button press from the Connect: Amp with the flashing light. I’ve reset the connect amp several times and  I’ve also tried connecting the device via ethernet cable without any luck. Any other options? Very disappointing to be running into these issues.

Never happened of this before. What did Sonos Support say when you called in?

Still on hold. 

I’d assume the volume of calls is higher right now, so it makes some sense that you would need to wait, but at least they’ll get to you. And spend the time necessary to help. 

Having the same exact issue with an Amp, everything is fine until it asks me to click the Play button….basically a dead device at the moment.

Any luck so far with support?

Been a Sonos user for many years with double digit zones throughout the house. Recently upgraded to S2 a few months back. I have a sonos connect amp (s2 compatible) that a I purchased recently. When attempting to add the connect amp, the app immediately recognizes it and connects to it for the set up process. However, when I get to the final stage of pressing the play/pause button when it is blinking, it always fails to recognize the button press. I eventually get the message that “we didn’t detect a button press from the Connect: Amp with the flashing light. I’ve reset the connect amp several times and  I’ve also tried connecting the device via ethernet cable without any luck. Any other options? Very disappointing to be running into these issues.

Exactly the same issue when trying to upgrade my connect to S2

Exactly the same issue when trying to upgrade my connect to S2

Try force closing the controller.