Very long delay when changing speaker grouping

• 29 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Please see diagnostic uploads 1206135147 & 881107557.  Changing speaker group can take minutes -- very slow and unresponsive.  No issues with music stream.  This is a relatively new issue (several weeks or months).  I say relatively new because I've had sonos for many years and never had these issues.  There have been no changes to my network and all other devices on my network without issue.  I've rebooted all 14  devices and taken down / restarted my network.  Network test / speed test looks reasonable (10Mbps - 20Mbps for sonos devices).   

Side note, I tried to contact tech support from app and rhe only option was chat, forum or phone call -- else I would have emailed tech support.  Would be nice if submitting a diagnostic upload created a ticket and an email.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I forot to add that I've tried connecting a speaker to LAN over ethernet and that doesn't help.  I also had case where grouped speakers were not synced to one another -- I had never experienced that before.

I'm also on S1 app -- and these issues occurred after the app split.

Please see my reply to your post on another thread.