Answered

Using Sonos MOVE via Bluetooth Sony Bravia XR A80J

• 20 August 2021
  • 1 reply

I have successfully paired a Sony Bravia XR A80J television to a Sonos MOVE device via Bluetooth.  The settings indicate that the A2DP Bluetooth profile is being used.  However, I am unable to hear sound from the MOVE when playing a video.

I was able to hear sound from a Jabra wireless (Bluetooth) when connected to the Sony Bravia tvunder the same conditions.

Any recommendations on any advanced settings that I should try in order to resolve this audio issue?

icon

Best answer by James L. 23 August 2021, 09:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @Groom,

Move supports both SBC and AAC Bluetooth codecs, but not AptX. From your post, and from the specs of the TV I could find online, I can’t tell which of these codecs Sony is using in their AD2P profile, so you may need to reach out to Sony directly to find out.

If you can find an option somewhere to switch between those codecs then I suggest switching to either SBC or AAC and testing audio playback.