Answered

Using Sonos Connect unit with CD player and One speakers

• 3 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi there, I’d be grateful on some advice on putting a dormant Connect unit to new use.

I would like to connect a CD /radio to the Connect using line out/RCA cable so that the unit can play through my One speakers. Ideally, I’d want to set up the Connect to work with the speakers in the Kitchen, for example, so that whenever I use the CD/ Radio it automatically feeds through the Connect and to the speakers, without having to set up everything each time via the Sonos app; can anyone advise if this is possible?

We already have the speakers in the kitchen, my wife wants to be able to play her CDs from a standalone unit and it would make sense to utilise the Sonos speakers. Although I have a NAS drive with all the music loaded, she doesn’t want the hassle of using the Sonos app to find the particular cd files each time - there are a lot of CD files to hunt through! 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 3 March 2023, 16:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi there, I’d be grateful on some advice on putting a dormant Connect unit to new use.

First thing to do an plug in the Connect and make sure that it’s on the same system (S1 or S2) as your other speakers and the firmware is up to date.    

I would like to connect a CD /radio to the Connect using line out/RCA cable so that the unit can play through my One speakers. Ideally, I’d want to set up the Connect to work with the speakers in the Kitchen, for example, so that whenever I use the CD/ Radio it automatically feeds through the Connect and to the speakers, without having to set up everything each time via the Sonos app; can anyone advise if this is possible?

yes. You’ll want to turn on autoplay

Badge +1

I’m sure it’s an S2 system model, thanks - looks promising then!

Badge +1

Danny, it works! Many thanks for your help with this.