Question

Using Sonos Beam with Sonos Amp

• 10 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I have seen this question asked several times, but nothing seems to fix my specific issue.  I have been using the Sonos Beam with Subwoofer, but I recently decided to add the Sonos Amp to power my two in ceiling rear speakers.  I attached the speaker wire to the Sonos AMP and confirmed the TV runs sound through the speakers using an HDMI.  I then factory reset all 3 (Beam, Sub and AMP) so that I could add all 3 to the new Sonos 2 App.  All were successfully added to the App and are combined in the same room on the App.  I have the Amp setup in Home Theater mode in the App.  I have an HDMI cable running from the TV (Arc input) to the Beam.  The sub is connected via WiFi.  Both work just as they did before adding the Amp.  I have a CAT5 cable running from the Beam to the Amp.  I can’t get sound out of the rear speakers.  I feel like I’m really close, just can’t the sound to come out of the speakers.  Any ideas on what I missed?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi. Please explain ' I have the Amp setup in HT mode in the app'.  Do you mean you have added it to the Beam using Add Surrounds?

The Cat 5 from Beam to Amp is unnecessary. 

Thank for the response.  When I say I have it set-up in HT mode, I just mean that when I was setting up the Amp in the App, it gave me 3 options.  The first I believe was just to run speakers, the second was to use it as a front speaker, the 3rd was to use it as a Home Theater.

That seems OK then. So, are the surround speakers silent for music sources as well as TV sound? (Set the surround speakers to FULL not ambient for music.)

They weren’t initially.  I connected the amp directly into the router, which appears to have allowed the amp to sync with the router.  After that, I moved it back and now I’m getting the ambient sound out of the speakers.  Appears to be problem solved.  Thanks again for your reply.