Answered

Update problem

• 13 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to get into the app but it takes me to an update. Problem is that the email address it is asking me for a password for is not my email. I’ve deleted the app. Rebooted the app. All no good. I can sign in using my correct email and password but this update screen has the wrong email so it’s saying my password is incorrect. Screen shot is below. Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers. 

icon

Best answer by Simon B 14 November 2020, 22:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @SteveaOz, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue on your Sonos system. This article about Transferring your Sonos system to a new account would help you to transfer your Sonos App account to your own email address. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi Simon. Thanks for the note. I have a Sonos system set up at home and another system at my weekend home. When I went to the weekend home last week I couldnt access Sonos and it asked me to type in the username and password but for an email that wasnt mine. As a result, because I dont know either the email or the password I cant get in the change it my details. At my main house...no problem. Its fine.

Any thoughts?

Im thinking I might need to reboot / reset everything at the weekender? But not sure how to do that if I cant get in. Appreciate any help

All the best

steve

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @SteveaOz, thanks for the update. For this issue. Kindly click on the link on my reply above for steps on transferring this Sonos App to your own email address. This steps will let you transfer your Sonos speakers to your own desired email address. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.