Answered

Unable to join the network "SONOS" after changing Router on S2 App

• 1 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I recently upgraded my broadband and router and since then I have lost the system on the app. If I log into the app it tells me that it is “Unable to connect to Sonos Let’s fix it”. If I select then takes me through some steps and I select one of my products, press the buttons and connect. The App then says “Sonos” Wants to Join Wi-Fi Network “SONOS”?” so I click Join and after a short while I get the message “Unable to join the network "SONOS"”. I’m the told my mobile device couldn’t connect to my Playbar and to move closer and make sure it’s powered on

I’ve checked all the App permissions and they are OK. The devices work on my TV (Playbar, Sub and two Play:1’s), in the Kitchen via the Alexa App (Play) and bedroom (Play). I’ve deleted the App and reloaded it with no joy. I don’t have a Wi-Fi Network called “SONOS” and don’t recall ever seeing one.

Help!! I’m rapidly getting Tourettes 

icon

Best answer by Darren Williams 1 May 2021, 18:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Try connecting one if your Sonos speakers by Ethernet to your router. Power off other speakers. Then hopefully you will be able to connect and see the wired speaker in the app.

Then go to Settings,  System,  Network and add your new network details. 

Please post back whether this works or not.

If that does not help, and if you are using a BT router, read this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you just got a “BT Smart Hub 2” router, that isn’t really an upgrade, per the previous post.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks everyone - John B when I open the App I can’t get to settings as it’s greyed out. I’m guessing the reply from Claus is right?

Try connecting one if your Sonos speakers by Ethernet to your router. Power off other speakers. Then hopefully you will be able to connect and see the wired speaker in the app.

Then go to Settings,  System,  Network and add your new network details. 

Please post back whether this works or not.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If that does not help, and if you are using a BT router, read this:

Thanks Claus - I’ve read the article and as James L suggested made a compliant to BT about the issue as it seems a lot of people have the same issue

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I’ve reinstated the back up Apple WiFi network I had previously through Time Capsule just to run the SONOS system. For anyone reading this with the same issue please read the response from Claus and this article from James @ SONOS 

BT Smart Hub 2 - Connection Issues (April 2021)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks everyone for your input - The issue is now resolved after I complained to BT Customer Services and they remotely installed a Firmware upgrade to my Smart Hub 2 and it now works perfectly - Apparently this will eventually be rolled out to everyone but if you’re having issues it’s worth logging with BT