Unable to Connect from App to Sonos system

• 11 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi I’ve no change to my wifi network. Sonos been working fine for 5+ years. 

This pas week we have periodically been unable to connect to the sonos system from App. Resetting Router solves it for a few hours but the problem returns. Speakers are working fine even though we cant connect if I turn them on manually, albeit on the same playlist or radio station we set them on.

Any ideas?

3 replies

It’s certainly possible there is some outside influence causing wifi interference. I’d certainly read that FAQ, and perhaps change the broadcast channel, but it’s not clear from your post whether you’re using SonosNet or your own WiFi connection. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Believe Im using SonosNet - But cant remember how you check that

Do you have one or more speakers directly wired to your router? If so, you’re using Sonos Net, and can change the channel in the Sonos controller. If you have no devices wired to your router directly, you’re using WiFi, and would change the channel in use on the routers control page. 

In my past, I have had issues with both internally, with a failing microwave motor causing interference, and a new neighbor setting up their router on the same channel I was using for SonosNet. Took some investigation, but ultimately resolvable.