TV sound through a port

• 15 August 2023
  • 28 replies

Badge

Hi. I have the following set up in my living room (part of a larger multiroom sonos system):

Sonos Port connected to my 2 active meridian speakers. 

I simply (!!) want to connect my TV to that set up so I have better sound quality through the Meridians than the TV speakers. I am NOT bothered about surround sound.

I did this before in an old house with an old TV which had RCA audio outputs…. plugged those into the port (actually a Connect in those days) and hey presto.

However I now have a newer TV which only has an optical digital output. I tried connecting it to a DAC and then old fashioned audio cables into the port. This lead to a MASSIVE audio delay…. completely useless I’m afraid.

So anything I can do to get the audio synced apart from by an old TV with RCA audio out??

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Serious. I was interested in syncing audio/video using an Apple TV 4K to some AirPods but (a) the feature doesn’t work with AirPods, only speakers that can be ‘heard’

I only use a Mac and Apple TC because both suit my lower levels of tech savvy; I use my son’s handed down iPhone because I don’t have to pay obscene money for it. My son is Full On Apple, so I will see if his latest model AirPods show any sync issues and post here.

AirPod Pro synced with the video on first use.

Back now to an evening of music videos

Ah, well. Music videos are notorious for poor lip-sync (some of which could of course simply be due to miming). 😕

Girl, you know it’s true.