Answered

Turntable via Port to Arc w/2 x One/Sub (Gen 3)

• 4 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi

Considering picking up a Port as I have an Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB that I'd like to connect to my Sonos setup. I’m a little confused by the information regarding compatibility of Port with Sub (Gen 3) and not sure if I need to go for Amp instead.

Turntable has a built-in pre-amp so Port is there solely as input for Sonos. I’m not using an external third-party amp or other speakers. If the Port is connected to Arc/2 x One/Sub will it be able to pass low frequency content to the Sub?

Trying to avoid spending more for the Amp as I don’t have any plans to get wired speakers.

Thanks in advance

Gavin

icon

Best answer by jgatie 4 January 2023, 14:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You will be fine with the Port - the low frequency audio from the line-in will play to your Sub/Surrounds which presumably are both bonded to your Arc. You do not need the Amp.

The Port will suffice for your needs. It will act as a Line-In for your Arc/2 x One/Sub.  The idea that a Port cannot support a Sub only applies if you are using the output of the Port as a source to an external amplifier, receiver, or powered speakers.

Thanks so much guys - I’d hoped that was the case but was worried I’d missed something important when reading through previous questions on here.