Answered

Turntable EQ problems

• 12 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I'd like to be able to EQ my turntable and have it set differently than the normal EQ settings I have going through my beam 2 and surrounds while watching TV or streaming music.

My first issue is that when I add the Connect to the TV room it creates a separate TV Room 2. I'd like to just add it to the existing room but it doesn't seem possible.

When music is playing via turntable to connect to tv room setup, the EQ with the Connect doesn't do anything for the sound. It is only when I go to the speakers playing the music, tv room, I can change EQ settings. Id like to just have something set for the turntable as it needs a little more bass and don't want to have to change EQ settings when switching back to TV. Basically TV Room 2 EQ doesn't work at all.

Can I just add the connect to the TV Room?

Can I have a separate EQ setting just for the connect/turntable only, that will play music in my TV room setup?

My setup is a

TV Room

Beam Gen 2

Surrounds SL gen 2

TV Room 2

Turntable into Sonos Connect Gen 2 streams to TV Room

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 April 2023, 06:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You cannot add the Connect to the same room as the Beam.

If you use an iOS device, you can use the Soro app in conjunction with Apple’s Shortcuts and make a shortcut for different EQ settings. These shortcuts can be triggered by a single tap on the phone or by a Siri command:

https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805?l=en

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

You can think of the connect as 2 boxes in one. 1. As an audio source and 2 as a player of audio sources.

So when you are using the connect line in (your turntable) as the music source for the Beam it is the Beams EQ that matters as that is the playing device. If you were to attach something to the output of the Connect then the Connect's EQ would change the signal being pushed out to (presumably) the connected traditional amplifier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

"Rooms” in Sonos consist of a fixed set of stereo or surround speakers. A Connect cannot be part of such a set and thus can not be put in the same "room” as a Beam. This sense of "room”differes from the type of "room” Google assistant uses for example.