Skip to main content

Trying to set up the sonos connect amp

• 2 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all, i recently purchased a sonos connect amp, and when i try to set it up, it won’t setup

I don’t know if the previous owner forgot to remove it from their account but i tried to reset it by holding the mute button, and nothing seems to happed

when i power it on, the white light is solid for a second, and then the light goes off

i know it’s not a power issue because the ethernet link/act light is responsive

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

It sounds as though you have not successfully reset it. The procedure is that you hold in the mute button, connect power and keep holding the button in. It is supposed to invoke the reset after 10 seconds, though it feels longer than that to me!

Once it has been factory reset, it will then always power up to a “ready to be installed in a system” state with the green light flashing.

i held the mute button for around a minute, power cycled and nothing happened

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Ok, you describe that round the wrong way, in that you hold the button in, power cycle it and then continue to hold the button in, but I guess you know that and just wrote it wrong.

Unfortunately there have been previous threads here about Connect Amps failing in just the way you describe. It’s quite an old unit, and components fail - especially in the power supplies.