Skip to main content

total loss of sound

• 1 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi All 

this is a strange one 

recently been having problems with loss of sound through beam 2 and also the tv speakers when beam sound cuts out 

power cycle of both tv and beam resets it and all is fine again for hours at a time with the sound

until randomly it happens again 

this led to a replacement beam via my retailer but issue is still there so retailer also had tv motherboard replaced a few days ago but guess what loss of sound again tonight 

this time tv rebooted itself and sound returned to normal function again either via beam or tv speakers 

tv is LG 65BX OLED, beam connected using beam own hdmi cable to earc connector 

TV set to ‘pass through’ for atmos content etc

any ideas what is going on here ?

thanks for any input 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Which audio format is the TV sending to BEAM?

Badge

Hi Buzz 

not sure what you mean ? 
Think it’s stereo pcm normally ?

I think the issue only happens when watching terrestrial tv ie via my roof mounted aerial 

but I don’t lose picture at all and when I check via the tv menu I am getting 100% signal quality and strength 🤷‍♂️

TV’s have options regarding which audio format is sent to BEAM and this is somewhat independent of the audio format received by the TV. Obviously, you shouldn’t expect the TV to create full DOLBY ATMOS out of a stereo feed.

Normally, the TV speakers or BEAM audio is enabled, not both. If the TV’s own speakers cannot render the audio there is some sort of disagreement between the source and the TV.

As a test, use the TV’s optical output to feed BEAM. Do you have dropouts with this signal path?

Badge

Haven’t tried yet with optical connection 

will try that next and see if I have an ongoing issue 👍