Answered

The Sonos often won't let Spotify connect

• 9 December 2021
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

When the Sonos has been playing first from the Sonos app (on a Mac), we will stop/pause that and go to cast from Spotify to the Sonos. Often the Sonos stays stuck with the paused stream. Hitting the button on top of the Sonos 5 will start that Sonos stream where it was stopped, even with the Sonos app turned off on the Mac. How do we get that to totally stop, so that the Sonos will be available for Spotify?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 December 2021, 02:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Sounds like there may be some sort of wifi interference between the Mac and the Sonos device, so that it’s not receiving the “I’ve stopped” message completely. Of course, there is only the “pause” button on the controller, so using the hard button would normally pick up the stream from where it had been paused anyway. And frankly, since the controller is merely a remote control, closing it on the Mac doesn’t turn off the stream in anyway, since the speaker is the device that’s controlling the system. 

I’d recommend that the next time you reproduce the issue, you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Of course, Sonos doesn’t have access to the Spotify Connect process to look at diagnostics from that, but if there is some sort of failure on the Sonos side, it should show up. If the issue is on the Spotify Connect side, they may be less helpful, but it’s the first thing I’d try.