Tests For New Mesh Router

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am going to try a WiFi 6 mesh router with extenders for my home.  I have consistently had audio issues  with my Sonos system in my very narrow, 3 story urban home.  The system works well enough that I don’t get too frustrated, but when I push it (playing music library on lots of speakers, for example, I often get dropouts or songs that just stop due to throughput issues.

I would like get some sort of signal quality info on the system BEFORE I install the new mesh system and AFTER so I can see if the new system is an improvement.

What do you suggest I do to test this?

Thanks,

John

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @JackInBrooklyn, thanks for sending that over!

Looks like the Dining Room speaker is still connecting via the WiFi, however you should be able to sort that by swapping the SonosNet Channel (Settings > System > Network > SonosNet Channel) from 11, to 1, and then back to 11, leaving about 30 seconds in between channel changes.

Let us know if you have any playback issues :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Ah...that’s a cool trick.  I had that trouble with 4 or 5 other speakers that were stuck in the Wifi mode and I did a factory reset on them to get them back on Sonos Net.  The DR was the last one I reconnected (I actually thought I had reset that one, too, but maybe I didn’t) and I neglected to check to see if it was on Sonos Net or Wifi.

Anyway, your trick worked.  I’ll monitor the performance and let you know.

Thanks for the help.