Answered

Synchronization of 14 Sonos speakers

• 1 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hey!
I have a building where I need to put 14 sonos speakers so that the music plays the same everywhere, but there is no internet in the building. Therefore, all the speakers are connected via a cable to the switch, which is connected to the modem, and it is connected to the computer. I see that the modem is giving out different ip addresses to the speakers. But I still can't tune in to see all 14 speakers. I only see one of them. Tell me what I'm doing wrong and why I can't see all the speakers.
Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 3 February 2021, 02:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @kukulkan, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about what’s happening on your Sonos system, to start, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause of the issue and so that we can check the current status of your Sonos system. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

all the speakers are connected via a cable to the switch, which is connected to the modem, and it is connected to the computer.

Is it a modem or a router?

If a modem what is the modem connected to, what kind of ISP?

If there is no ISP / Net connection that may be a problem. I think you need Internet for the initial install. I’d pack up the router and all Sonos and haul them to where you do have a connection hook the router to the router there and then follow the Sonos setup instructions once connected to the Internet.