Answered

Symphonisk speakers no longer showing up on Apple TV

• 20 November 2020
  • 5 replies

For the past year or so, I have been using the symphonysk to act as a bridge allowing me to “Airplay” from apple tv to my sonos connect (series 1, not airplay 2 compatible) - This has worked great, until recently. I don’t know if it was the latest apple tv update or latest Sonos update, but now the symphonysk does not show up as an audio output option on the apple tv. What to do? I tried resetting the apple tv to its factory settings, but still no luck, so I’m guessing it’s on the sonos side. Any help would be appreciated

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 2 December 2020, 22:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @q-the-q.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

If you have an Apple AirPlay 2-compatible Sonos speaker, AirPlay is our recommended method for playing music stored on your iOS device to your Sonos system. 

To verify, SYMFONISK AirPlay 2-compatible, and it should allow you to stream audio to Sonos with Airplay. 

NOTE: Sonos is only compatible with AirPlay 2. Check if your Apple devices can play AirPlay 2 audio in Apple’s AirPlay article.

You may check our support article about streaming AirPlay audio to Sonos for more information.

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Exact same problem at my house. Has been working fine for the last year, suddenly it is no longer available. I have rebooted speaker and the Apple TV. No joy. Can airplay to symfonisk from my phone no probs. Just not the TV. Any ideas?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bunnyboy.

Thanks for reaching out, let me check it for you.

There are several potential causes that we may need to explore in order to determine where this issue might be coming from.

Let’s try a suggested workaround that has worked with a quite similar issue though it happens on the different types of speakers.

• Long press the TV button on your Apple TV remote. 
  • A sliding window should appear and there you would see an Airplay selection menu.
  • Have you found your speakers?

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Yes, thanks. That work around does the trick. 

does anyone have an idea as to what caused the bug and made the speaker disappear from the Audio menu? 

appreciate the help. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bunnyboy.

Thanks for your response.

It’s nice to know that the workaround works for you.

While I don’t have any further details to share at the moment as to what caused this issue, I’m certain that our Engineering team is closely monitoring it.

If you come across any questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Cheers!