Skip to main content
Answered

SYMFONISK speakers keep reverting to 'Speaker' name

• 4 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m a long time Sonos owner with 16 units throughout our house. I’m still on S1 since there are a few older units I’m hesitant to replace yet (Port x1, Amp x2, Connect x2, Connect Amp x1, Play:1 x3,  SYMFONISK Shelf x6, SYMFONISK Lamp x1).

It seems that each time I assign my SYMFONISK speakers a room name, it works for a few hours and will show up fine, but within a day they rename themselves ‘Speaker’. See attached screenshot. It makes it impossible to know how to target those speakers since there are several with the same ‘Speaker’ room name. The odd thing is that doesn’t seem to impact *all* of the SYMFONISK/Ikea speakers. For example the one I called “Office Speaker” that is a pair seems to remember its room name, but the pair I used to call “Coffee” reverts to ‘Speaker’. 

All of this was working great until when I recently added the new Port and Amp units into the mix, though I’m not sure if that’s the cause of this or not. In searching for similar issues on this board and elsewhere, everyone keeps suggesting it is Apple’s Home app or Google Home that might keep resetting the names, but in my case I don’t have them connected to those hubs (I don’t recall ever setting them up nor do they show up in the apps). SmartThings used to be connected and worked fine in the past but I removed that connection as well to see if that did anything.

Curious if anyone has any helpful suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried the suggestions in this thread? 

Thanks - I had gone through that thread and tried everything to no avail. However I just discovered that my son had used the Home app on his iPad to discover devices including the speakers, and removed them and so far (only been a day) it seems to now be sticking. phew!