Skip to main content
Answered

surround Sound Speakers keep cutting

• 22 June 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a Sonos Beam with two play1s and a sub in a surround setup. The surrounds keep dropping for micro seconds intermittently. It happens randomly and there doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it. I’ve tried moving some WiFi items if it is caused by interference but I can’t seem to solve it. Attached it my most recent diagnostic number: 2042736250. Any help would be appreciated.

Try unplugging the Beam and Play:1s from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router.

I tried unplugging all Sonos speakers and rebooting the router and it hasn’t helped. I changed the Sonos channel to 11 and my router is set to 3. It still is cutting out intermittently for short periods. sometimes for a full second and sometimes just a fraction of a second. I also have Hue lights and changes the zigbee channel to 25.

What router are you using? Are you able to directly connect the Beam or any of your speakers (not a Sub or surround speaker) directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

Here’s an article to reduce WiFi interference:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

The router is a Asus ZenWIFI AX. The Beam is wired into the router. The sub and two Play1s are wifi. I also have two Sonos Ones. One is wired and one is wireless. The ones are on different floors than the surround setup.

On the router, is Airtime Fairness disabled on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands?

You can also try disabling the Quality of Service (QoS) feature. Read more here: