Answered

Suddenly lost connection with LG CX TV

• 6 November 2020
  • 7 replies

excuse the typo in the subject...can’t seem to edit it...but you know what I meant to write! 

I’ve had a Sonos Beam for ages working happily on 2 Samsung TVs. I’ve recently got a new LG CX. Sound was fine for one week (connected through ARC) but yesterday morning I got up and the sound is no longer working from the tv. Sound when played through the S2 app is fine so it’s purely a tv connection issue. Tried new HDMI cable, tried unplugging and plugging in again. Factory reset as well but no change. Every time I try and connect to the tv through the app it fails saying the ARC isn’t available. 

on the tv this sort of symbol comes up when I switch to HDMI ARC.  🚫

hope someone can help..

icon

Best answer by afcchris 10 November 2020, 08:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @afcchris, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos Beam to your LG TV. And thanks for trying some troubleshooting steps in resolving this issue. So that we’ll be able to see the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue and to be able to check on the status of the ARC connection from your Beam to the TV. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi there

thanks. The number is 1518873673. The only thing that is confusing me now is that the beam isn’t asking to connect to the tv within the app where before there was something come up saying “let’s connect your Beam to the tv” or similar to that. Nothing has changed though...it still won’t connect to the tv 

regards

Chris 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @afcchris, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking the diagnostic information, it shows that it’s not detecting the Arc connection for the Arc port on your TV. Kindly try to unplug it from both ends on the Tv and the Sonos Beam unplug it for 1-2 minutes. And unplug the TV and the Sonos Beam for 1-2 minutes from the power source. If that’s done and it’s still not working. We’ll take this further.

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

Thanks Simon. I have LG coming tomorrow so will let you know what happens

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @afcchris, thanks for the update. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi Simon

The issue has been fixed. LG helped identity that it was a sound format issue. They switched from auto to Dolby Digital plus and it started working. Then went  back to auto and it’s still fine. It wasn’t the solution I was expecting but glad its fixed. Thanks for your help. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @afcchris, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it worked and LG fixed it for you. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.