Sub to Amp Distance

• 28 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, I’m trying to troubleshoot an issue trying to get new Sub to work with my existing Amp and speakers.  It seems that my Amp, which is in my ‘home run’ room is too far from the Sub.  If I move the Sub closer, it works.  It I move it to where I want it, it doesn’t work.  What are the limitations on how close they need to be to each other and how can I do something’s to make this work?  I can’t move the Amp any closer at this point.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Jeff Pearl

There‘s no official distance communicated. The distance depends on the quality of the 5 Ghz wifi that the amp spins up to communicate with a sub and/or rearspeakers. If there are interferences from other wifi networks the connection and distance could be very poor. 
If the amp is cabled via lan mane sure it’s wifi module is on anyway. 
Best solution at bad wifi conditions would be to cable amp and sub both via lan if possible. 

Does this mean that I’m likely beyond the distance?  Is there any way to remediate this other than finding a way to physically move them closer to each other?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Does this mean that I’m likely beyond the distance?  Is there any way to remediate this other than finding a way to physically move them closer to each other?

I did some edits on my post above… 

You can check amps wifi status, try to optimize 5ghz wifi conditions or cable both devices via lan to the router.