Answered

Sub not functioning when connected to same room as ARc

• 13 May 2023
  • 5 replies

I have been having the issue where my subwoofer is quiet ever since upgrading to the Arc from a Play Bar a couple months ago. I just moved to a new home so attempting to get it functioning properly again at this time. 

If I connect the subwoofer to the same room as my Arc the woofer give minimal power/bass and even upon “chime” verification sounds from the Arc rather than the sub. I can switch the sub to another room and get good sound but as soon as I reconnect to the room with the Arc, it is again dampened. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 May 2023, 03:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I’m not sure I’m totally understanding your post. You don’t add a Sub to a ‘room’, you add it to another speaker, in this case the Arc.

What is your test case to ensure that the Sub is playing the LFE channel of a 5.1 signal?

Make sure WiFi on the Arc is turned on.  No matter if it is wired or not, it needs to be on to connect to the Sub.

I just ran a support and gave me #1447444824. Unsure if that is what you mean? I have factory reset both speakers to start over. When I connect to my garage which has my old Play 3 in it or the living room which has Ones in it the sub will make the chime sound but when connect to the basement with the Arc, the Arc makes the tone.

I have connected an Ethernet to the Arc and tried again but same result. Have verified Wi-Fi is “enabled” for both speaker and woofer as well. These are just screenshots from when I switch the sub from room to room or speaker to speaker and then it goes from fully functional to not. Thanks for your help. 

I guess the Sonos moderators are yet to approve my response from last night. 

Both have been Wi-Fi “enabled” throughout the process. If I switch to my old Play 3 which is in the garage or my Ones which are in my living room, although my sub is in the very same spot in the basement where the Arc is located, the sub will kick on (same song, same app) but as soon as I link it to the Arc it goes back into a low power. It still has vibration but it is minimal. Again when I switch to the other rooms/speakers the sub will “chime” but when I switch it to the Arc the “chime” comes from the Arc and not the sub.  

The changeover point on the frequency would be different when connected to those two Sonos speakers.

If you feel that the ‘sound’ is impaired, then you should be submitting a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of recreating this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. Just ‘feeling’ the vibration isn’t an accurate method to determine whether or not it is functioning correctly.