Streaming bluetooth CD changer

• 7 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I want to begin using my Compact discs again and need to buy a Compact disc changer.  If I bought a bluetooth compact disc player, can that be streamed to my sonos speakers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Not unless you have a Sonos speaker that supports Bluetooth, and none of the devices currently listed on your profile do. 

The cheapest option would be to get a Roam; the most convenient arguably the Era100. Note that the Bluetooth input would only play on the receiving speaker and any others grouped with it. 

Userlevel 7

@ybabb001 I see that you have a Playbar. You might consider getting a Blu-ray player for your TV so you can watch movies on DVD and Blu-ray AND play CDs through your Playbar and your other Sonos speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you’d choose the Era 100 you could also go for the adapter, so you wouldn’t need bluetooth. I’m not sure a bluetooth CD changer would be very high quality and a canled connection is always better compared to bluetooth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d really look at ripping your CDs to a NAS device and put an end to shuffling discs into a player.

I ripped mine to lossless FLAC many years ago and put the CDs into a storage box.